Thursday, July 22, 2010

My skin has become irritated from an old book, please help...?

I have this old book from the 40's, it's in pretty good condition. I've had it locked in my closet and I recently pulled it out to re-read but as soon as I started my hands and arms got this itching sensation and my skin became irritated.





Does anyone know if old books carry insects or bacterium or if this is just a skin allergy condition.





Thanks in advance.

My skin has become irritated from an old book, please help...?
They used different paper in those days, or it could be an allergy to the ink. Since it doesn't happen to you with current books, that's my suspicion. If it was insects you'd probably see evidence of them. I've never heard of bacteria affecting paper, because bacteria like moisture. If it was mold you probably would have smelled it, and mold is unhealthy at all times. You might want to find a different copy to read; many books are available on the Internet, and would therefore avoid any skin contact.
Reply:MOLD!! throw the book away.


No comments:

Post a Comment